For the step after that, setting up the connection to your wi-fi, is a bit trickier than it used to be. It hides "unused" connection types now.
After you've followed the instructions in the link above, here's how to get the rest of the way:
- Right click on the connections icon in the tray and click Edit Connections.
- Click the Add button.
- Click on Wi-Fi in the list.
- Click the Create button.
- Give the connection a name that is meaningful, like "home" or "work" or whatever.
- Type in your SSID (this is the SSID value of your router, which your other machines probably autodetected for you). SSID is case sensitive.
- Click on the Wi-Fi security tab.
- Pick the correct authentication type (probably WPA & WPA2 Personal).
- Type in your password.
- Click the Save button.